10 Magic Mirror Modules You Have to Check Out
There are a lot of 3rd party modules available for the MagicMirror platform that runs on the Raspberry Pi. The platform has hundreds of users that have contributed many great modules that you can add easily to your Magic Mirror.
Here are 10 handpicked MagicMirror modules that can make your life easier or just look cool on your wall. I personally use many of these ony my mirror, but not all of them.
10. MMM-Hue – See which of your Philips Hue lights are on or off from the comfort of.. where your mirror is!
9. MMM-Scrobbler – Displays the music you are currently listening to, if you are using last.fm (Which I recommend as a data nerd)
8. MMM-Strava – Gives a nice overview of your recent workouts on Strava
7. MMM-Voice – Offline voice control for your mirror. Very handy if you want to display certain information or turn the mirror on/off
6. MMM-AlexaPi / MMM-Awesome-Alexa – Make your mirror even more awesome by integrating it with Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant
5. Phone notifications – Show your phone notifications on your mirror.
4. MMM-Remote Control – Control your magic mirror through a web interface on your laptop or smartphone. Very handy!
3. MMM-PIR-Sensor – Put your mirror to sleep if there is no motion detected. You’ll need to buy a PIR sensor module and hook it up to your pi. You can find these dirt cheap online.
2. MMM-Carousel – Display your modules in a carousel. Can be handy if you have a small monitor or if you have a lot of modules!
1. MMM-Admin Interface – Gives you a very nice looking web app to control you mirror. It’s similar to the Remote control module but a bit more robust
That’s it for now. Do you have any favorite MM modules that you use? Share them in the comments below!